Eat Your Way to Better Sex: 5 Aphrodisiac Foods of SummerMay 2, 2013
Temperatures are on the rise and some states are already blessed with 90 degree weather and sunshine.
One of the best parts of spring and summer is the extra delicious seasonal foods. Let your diet turn up the heat in the bedroom with these aphrodisiac foods of summer.
- Watermelon – A surefire sign of summer is the availability of watermelon. This juicy fruit is often a staple at summer cookouts and is perfect for keeping hydrated and cool in the summer heat. Watermelon is also a rich source of citrulline, a phytonutrient which causes a spike in blood circulation and helps relax the blood vessels. This combination happening inside your body means that you will become aroused faster. We recommend you save time by picking up some seedless watermelon before your next summer quickie… er, cookout.
- Red Wine – There is something truly divine about sipping red wine and watching the summer sun go down. Red wine contains resveratrol which is an antioxidant that helps boost blood flow and circulation. Unlike watermelon which only offers a spike in blood flow, resveratrol keeps levels elevated before and after intercourse. As a bonus, a glass or two of red wine will help you relax and increase the kinky fuckery.
- Oysters – While oysters can be a year round delicacy they are more popular during the summer months. Oysters have also been long hailed as an aphrodisiac thanks to their high levels of Zinc. This mineral is abundant in all shellfish. Zinc increases testosterone levels which will increase your sex drive. Who’s ready for a cookout now?
- Chocolate – Another summer staple: S’mores. We just love the ooey-gooey combination of toasted marshmallow and melted chocolate. This divine treat works double duty as it satisfies your summer treat craving while also providing a healthy dose of phentylethylamine. We know that is a mouthful but it is a natural stimulant in cocoa which helps boost your feelings of excitement. Feel free to mow down on one or two and let those passionate feelings flow.
- Salmon – The long summer days are perfect for one hobby – fishing! Even if you are not fortunate enough to live where salmon is abundant you can take advantage of the omega-3 fatty acids through store-bought filets. Omega-3 fatty acids are an essential nutrient to help your body keep churning out those sex hormones. More of those feel-good hormones means you’ll be ready to take her anywhere, anytime.
Bonus: Hot chili peppers – The levels of capsaicin in hot chili peppers helps improve blood circulation throughout your entire body. It also causes stimulation of the nerve endings in sensitive areas like your penis which creates a heightened feeling of arousal.
Do these summer foods make your grocery list? Tell us more below!